We care about you a great deal. Because of this, we take how we collect, protect, use and exchange your information very seriously.
Meow Media only collects personal information that is reasonably necessary for one or more of its functions or activities. At all times, personal information is collected in a fair and lawful manner.
From time to time, promotional offers and special events may be communicated to you through direct marketing and other channels. You have the right to opt out of these communications at any time by sending an email to [email protected] or phone 1800 960 658.
How we collect information
- Where possible, we collect your personal and sensitive information directly from you. We collect information through various means, including appointments, forms, landing pages and questionnaires. If you feel that the information that we are requesting, either on our forms or in our discussions with you, is not information that you wish to provide, please feel free to raise this with us.
- From time to time, promotional offers and special events will be communicated through direct marketing and other channels. Individuals will be provided a simple means to opt-out of these communications.
- In some situations we may also obtain personal information about you from a third party source. If we collect information about you in this way, we will take reasonable steps to contact you and ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which we are collecting your personal information.
Use of personal information
- To process an application to become a client, employee, contractor or an event attendee
- To assess, plan and provide Meow Media services to meet client needs
- To comply with legal obligations
- To process purchases, sales, sponsorships and provide accurate receipts
- To facilitate ongoing product development and marketing activities
- To provide transparency about the management and administration of sales
- To establish and manage partnerships
- To receive invitations to upcoming events and activities
- To analyse website usage and make improvements to the website to meet our client needs better
- To obtain feedback from individuals about their experiences
- To assist Meow Media to review and improve its programs and services
- To keep the individual informed about Meow Media news, services and offers
Who we share your information with
We will use personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, or for purposes which are related to one of our functions or activities.
- Government departments/agencies who provide funding for Meow Media services;
- Contractors who manage some of the services we offer to you. Steps are taken to ensure they comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) when they handle personal information and are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions required by Meow Media;
- Other regulatory bodies, such as WorkSafe.
Except as set out above, Meow Media will not disclose an individual’s personal information to a third party unless one of the following applies:
- the individual has consented to the release;
- the release is required or authorised by law;
- the individual would reasonably expect us to use or give that information for another purpose related to the purpose for which it was collected (or in the case of sensitive information – directly related to the purpose for which it was collected);
- it will prevent or lessen a serious threat to an individual’s life, health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
- it is reasonably necessary for us to take appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature that related to our functions or activities; or
- it is reasonably necessary for law enforcement purposes.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party.
We do not usually send personal information out of Australia without your consent. If we do, or if you need us to send information to another country, we will do so with your consent and for what purpose. If we are otherwise required to send information overseas we will take measures to protect your personal information. We will protect your personal information either by ensuring that the country of destination has similar protections in relation to privacy or that we enter into contractual arrangements with the recipient of your personal information that safeguards your privacy.